If you are a man and want to have a defined body, you know that there are exercises by which can not go ahead and let the do for find that are exercises best suited for women. Learn what exercises most overlooked by men and follow them to improve your performance and aesthetics. Give it a try.
We walk into a gym and we see, inevitably, the majority of men focus their workouts on the so-called “muscle power”.
These muscles, as the name indicates, are known to be the most visible and obvious when looking in the mirror, making part of this set, muscle groups such as chest, biceps, and triceps.
However, there are a number of exercises to be neglected by menand that should not be forgotten that these are able to have a balanced body, more efficiently and without structural imbalances, the result of overwork some muscle groups at the expense of others.
Want to have a chest more evident? Do more exercises in the back. Want more strength from the chest? Strengthen the rotators. Want to speed up the process of burning fat mass? Work more legs. These and other questions will now be addressed in greater detail.
EXERCISES MORE NEGLECTED BY MEN – THE TOP 5
There are numerous exercises for each of the muscle groups described below. Get to know an example for each one of them.
1. GLUTES – HIPTHRUST
This muscle group, which is assigned great importance by the women, is on the opposite side in regards to the muscle groups of choice for men.
The majority of men do not care about working the glutes, finding that the same are not important and that work on them is something of a woman, which is totally wrong.
This is the largest muscle group in the human body and essential in sustaining the body, acting in the prevention of problems in the spinal column. If you have the glutes are weak, the muscles of the lumbar spine is that will be overloaded, leading this to a greater likelihood of the emergence of low-back pain, hernias and other problems.
The andxercícios buttocks are, clearly, in the list of the exercises most neglected by men, who tend to think that the training should be based mainly on chest, biceps and triceps. In addition to the high functionality and importance of the glutes, this is one of the muscle groups more appreciated by women, therefore, for all the reasons, don’t shy away.
In addition to the above-mentioned facts, being a muscle group, and that will, as a result, ensure that you have more strength to perform a squat or a dead weight, will increase the capacity of force production, with a consequent increase in muscle mass, and burn calories.
– Running –
- Support-if a bank belly up and the upper back on the bench.
- Place the arms horizontally along the bank and feet on the floor. Remove one leg from the floor, keeping the other at a 90 ° angle.
- Download the basin and lower yourself under control and then return to rise up to the starting position, making contraction of the buttock of the leg that is on the ground at the top of the movement. Repeat 10 times for each leg.
- To increase the level of difficulty, you may be done with a bar at the basin, by placing a mattress under the bar in order not to cause discomfort in the area iliac.
- ROTATOR CUFF – EXTERNAL ROTATION LYING
This small set of muscles (consisting of the supraespinhoso, infraespinhoso, small round and subscapularis), is fundamental as regards the stabilization of the shoulder and strength of the same. Rare are the times that we saw a person in the gym to work them, due to the fact that it is not a muscle that is aesthetic, with the majority of the time relegated to the second plan and only worked when there are already complaints at the level of the shoulder.
Here the motto is, “better to prevent than cure”, so take a few minutes of your workout, at least once a week, to strengthen them. Will prevent injury, increase strength and stability in the shoulders and consequently bear more weight to better monetize your workouts.
– Running –
- Lying on its side, then grasp a weight (light), and always keeping the elbow next to trunk, make the external rotation until you feel that works the back of the shoulder, returning then to the initial position in a controlled manner and without relax the arm at the end of the movement.
- Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions for each arm.
- TWINS – TWINS STANDING ON THE STEP
Being that the twins are part of the muscles below the waist will end up being neglected by the majority. Of all the muscle groups that make up the lower limbs, the twins are without a doubt the most discriminated against. This muscle group is of the utmost importance, and functionality as it is responsible for our locomotion, and in cases of athletes, it is essential in explosive power, speed, and jumping ability.
– Running –
- Support half of the foot on the platform and perform plantar flexion and dorsiflexion in a controlled way and ensuring a correct range of motion, stopping at the top of the movement for 1 second and down in 2 to 4 seconds.
- Perform 3 to 4 sets of 12 to 20 reps, resting 45 seconds to 1 minute between sets.
- You can perform unilaterally (one at a time), or bilateral (the 2 at the same time).
- You also have the option to perform with only your body weight or an external load: the bar on the back in the case of a multipower, or with dumbbells if you make a step.
- ROMBOIDES – ROWING WITH BAR
With regard to working the back, the majority of men concentrates its work in the muscles more superficial and visible, in this case the Dorsal. This muscle group is responsible for the famous back in V, but that represents only a percentage of that should be worked on.
The romboides, on the other hand, there are a few muscles located in the upper part of the back, located between the shoulder blades, uniting the same. Are, therefore, fundamental in regards to a good posture and a harmonious and healthy development of the back.
– Running –
- Grab a bar with the handle removed, you can tilt the torso forward while keeping your back aligned and your abdominals tight.
- Pull the bar in toward the chest, joining as well the shoulder blades at the end of the movement, and then go down the bar in a controlled manner and without wobbling the body.
Tip: it Is critical to keep the abdominal muscles contracted throughout the movement to avoid that the lumbar region is affected.
- THE LUMBAR SPINE (ERECTOR SPINE) – EXTENSION OF THE TRUNK
This set of small muscles that make up the lower back area, are the most neglected in workout routines mainly by the fact that they are not visible and supposedly of minor importance from the aesthetic point of view.
By neglecting the muscles of the lumbar area, is to neglect the muscles that are responsible for keep it right, without pain and with a “core” strong and free of injuries, including hernia.
These muscles extend from the lower back (lumbar spine), along the spine, up to the middle part and the upper, being central in the strengthening of the column.
– Running –
- Lie face down and place your hands along the trunk or in the back of his neck. Always keeping the column aligned, make extensions of the trunk in a controlled way and without any sudden movements.
- Be sure not to move the cervical and concentrating all the work in the extensors of the spine, a feeling that is the lumbar area that is being requested.
- Do 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps.
Were covered more exercises neglected by the men, and some of the grounds that support why the same should not be the target of such negligence.
Develop your body harmoniously, work all muscle groups equally, so as not to create structural imbalances in the medium or long term lead to injuries.