Follow these exercises for the sciatica pain and eliminate once and for all the pain that you have. Follow these fundamentals and watch your complaints disappear.
Postures, incorrect, repetitive, sedentary lifestyle, obesity, smoking, and excessive efforts and poorly-executed, represent the main factors of risk for sciatica pain.
The practice of physical exercise becomes, then, important for there to be an improvement of this condition. Now meet several exercises for the sciatica pain, which should be executed with proper supervision.
5 EXERCISES FOR SCIATICA PAIN RELIEF
1. THE POSTURE OF THE CAT
This exercise increases the flexibility of the back and shoulder mobility, helping to stretch your back and relieving the pain, strengthening the abdominal muscles and the back at the same time. This is one of the main exercises for sciatica pain, it is essential to your inclusion in a training plan.
– Execution –
- Start of four supports with the hands under the shoulders and the knees below the hip.
- Exhale pull the navel to the inside next to the spine and press the floor with your hands and knees, curving the spine like a cat.
- Inhale and lower the belly, moving his head up. Repeat 10 times.
- STRETCHING OF THE PIRIFORMIS
The piriformis muscle does lateral rotation and abduction of the thigh. It is a muscle that is small and deep, located behind the large gluteus.
Your hypertrophy may affect the sciatic nerve which passes underneath this muscle, causing the syndrome of piriformis.
– Running –
- Lie face down on the floor with the torso supported by your elbows and legs extended. This is your starting position.
- Raise the hip and bring one knee in toward the elbow corresponding, keeping the leg supported on the floor. Hold thus for a moment, feel the stretch in the buttock, hold for 20 to 30 seconds and return to starting position, switch leg then.
- KNEE-TO-CHEST WITH EXTENSION OF THE LEG
– Running –
- Lie face up, keep your feet to the width of the hips and bend one knee.
- Bring the knee in toward the chest, clutching in the hamstring with both hands, trying then to make a slow extension of the leg and keeping this position for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Bend knee, return to starting position and do the same for the opposite leg.
- EXTENSION OF THE COLUMN
When the articulation sacroiliaca ignites or experience very little or excessive range of motion, you may irritate the sciatic nerve, causing pain that will radiate from the lumbar spine to the buttock, back of thigh, leg and foot.
Perform this exercise will work the range of motion in the articulation sacroiliaca and relieve irritation on the sciatic nerve.
– Running –
- Lie face down and rest the torso on the elbows, keeping your back straight and your shoulders back.
- Maintaining the alignment of the neck, use force on the arms pushing on the ground with your hands, lifting at the same time the chest on the ground sense a slight stretching of the abdominal muscles as the stem arches subtly.
- Return to the initial position gently and repeat 8 to 10 times.
- BIRD DOG
This exercise is excellent for training the ability to stabilize the spine, showing its correct execution to be beneficial for the alignment of the same, reduction of pain in the lumbar, the control postural, stabilization of the shoulder and mobility.
– Running –
- Kneel on the floor and place four, with legs and hands slightly apart.
- Lift the arm straight to the side of the head at the same time, raises and extends the leg on the opposite side to the top and back of the body. Download the arm and the leg back to the floor for the starting position and repeat 10 times. Follow the movement with the arm and leg on opposite.
Stayed here with some exercises for the sciatica pain that you can do to mitigate the pains he has had. This is a condition that mostly affects people with a hernia, it’s up to you to try to minimize the occurrence of the same.
For this try to adopt a correct posture assists in lifting weights, keeping the back always straight, practicing physical exercise mainly aiming at the strengthening of back and abdominal (that will protect the column), avoiding sitting for long periods of time in a row and eliminating the tobacco, because this accelerates the degeneration of intervertebral discs.