Looking to improve your pull-ups but do not know which exercises most appropriate? See our tips and improve your pull-ups significantly.
Throughout this article we are going to leave you with tips to do pull-ups, one of exercises the most difficult for any person to do in the gym.
The pull-ups are done with body weight, however, require quite the force of arms, forearms and muscles of the back. They are exercises that are very complex and at the time of its completion there may be some errors, whether at the level of execution or of the posture during the exercise.
In this way, for a better performance in this exercise, it is necessary to do a deconstruction of the same, in order to improve the muscles involved and the technique required for the movement of the pull-ups.
Our suggestion throughout this article, I will show you an order of specific exercises that you can follow to improve your technique and performance in pull-ups.
5 TIPS TO DO PULL-UPS
As the back are made up of several muscle groups, you can include these 5 exercises that will indicate the following in your workout and do 3 sets of each with reps ranging through your goal:
- 8-12 for gains in muscle mass;
- 15 or more to work for the resistance;
- and up to 5-6 repetitions for developing strength or power.
- WIDE GRIP PULL UP WITH ELASTICATED BAND
Exercise Wide Grip Pull Up is a compound exercise. Your back and arms to pull your body up, while your abdominals to prevent your lower back from arching.
In the back are several muscles involved in this exercise (latissimus dorsi, romboides, trapezoids, infra and supra spinous, teres minor, etc.), in the arms the bicep is the muscle that helps in the movement of pulling the body up, and the abdominal muscles also help you maintain a good alignment from the shoulders to the knees, when well contracted during the movement.
– Running –
- Grasp the bar with your palms facing to the front, to a width greater than that of the shoulders, and hang there, with the feet placed in the elastic band;
- Pull the body up, with your elbows towards the ground until your chin pass the bar;
- Download the body in a controlled way, to return to the starting position.
- LAT PULL DOWN (HANDLE WIDE)
This exercise, in a roundabout way, will help you improve your performance in pull-up, since the movement is identical, only that it is done sitting on a machine, which pulls the bar up to your chest.
– Running –
- Sit in machine and adjust the pad of the thighs, so that they are fixed and giving stability to do the exercise;
- Grip the bar with the palms of the hands facing forward, with your arms further apart than the width of the shoulders;
- Pull the bar towards the top of the chest, with the elbows directed to the ground, while breathing out;
- Squeeze the shoulder blades as the bar descends, to make a good contraction of the muscles of the back;
- To return to the starting position, stretch the arms and breathe in, as that controls the movement.
- Repeat the movement by the number of times recommended by your goal training.
- CLOSE GRIP SEATED ROW (GRIP CLOSED)
Another excellent exercise for working the muscles of his back, is the Close Grip Seated Row.
In addition to providing a strong back and wide, this exercise helps a lot to improve your posture.
– Running –
- Sit on the floor or on the bench of the machine, and hold the handle with your arms straight;
- Pull the handle towards your torso, so as to form an angle of 90 ° between the arm and the forearm, while the elbows are directed backwards of the body;
- For a good run, put your chest out and join the shoulder blades, in order to obtain a greater request muscle;
- Re-extend your arms to return to starting position.
To work the back muscles more intensely, you must keep the trunk stable, by tightening the abdominal muscles.
- BENT-OVER BARBELL ROW
The exercise Bent-Over Barbell Row is one of the best exercises that you can do to build muscle mass and strengthen your back, biceps and forearms.
Requires stability of the muscles of the core, that is, the lumbar region and the abdominal, and arms to do the exercise in the correct form.
– Running –
- Assume a standing position, with feet apart for good balance while holding the bar with your palms facing to the front;
- Tilt the torso forward until it forms an angle of 45o relative to the neutral position of the trunk, so if you start doing the exercise;
- Pull the bar in towards the navel, to touch the body, and then lower the bar in controlled manner until you reach the starting position;
- Repeat by the number of repetitions desired.
- WIDE GRIP PULL UP (REPS NEGATIVE)
The exercise is exactly the same as described previously, but in this case it makes only the descending part, hence the denomination of repetitions of the negative.
Jumps to the bar and stand the body on the downward motion, in a controlled way, to work eccentrically (when the muscle fibers are stretching and maintain tension), and be a request different muscle.
Stayed with our tips to improve your pull-ups with the five exercises according to the results of several studies, are the most effective to include in your workout routine to strengthen my back due to muscle activation that request, in order to improve their pull-ups.
Train with consciousness and with good technique to avoid the occurrence of injuries. Your muscles don’t see the loads that arise. The important thing is the quality of the movement and the encouragement he gives them when he trains.
As in any physical activity, it is important to be accompanied by a professional in the area with credibility, that help to respect the limits of your body and adapt the training to you and your needs.
Do not forget that without a good diet, intensity, patience, and dedication constants, not even the best workout in the world will bring results.